Case Management Coordinator
Medavie Blue Cross in Moncton, NB
For over 70 years, and across six provinces we've been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We're a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as a Top 100 Employer and one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Job Title: Case Management Coordinator Department: Life and Disability Management Competition: 4706 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time Location: Moncton, N.B. Salary: Starting at $34,500 Reports To: Team Leader
The insurance business isn't just about claims - it's about relationships too. No one wants to be in a situation where they are sick or injured and require time off work, but sometimes the unexpected happens. It's in those moments that our members put their trust in us to provide the guidance they need to navigate their benefit options. They aren't just looking for someone to process their claim; they are looking for someone they can count on to get them back to the quality of life they deserve.
As the Case Management Coordinator you will be part of the team responsible for the set up and maintenance of disability claims. Specifically, you will be gathering information used to assess applications for disability benefits as well as the ongoing maintenance of disability files. This position requires communication with all stakeholders, high attention to detail, and the abilityto multi-task.
We currently have positions open for bilingual candidates that can work a 7.25 hour shift, Monday through to Friday, between the hours of 10:00am and 9:00pm.
- Set up new applications accurately and follow up to obtain missing information within specified timeframes;
- Ensure all administrative duties are correctly performed, (i.e., invoice payment, follow-ups for information requested;
- Completion of each step of documented processes for new claims, claim closures and CPP/QPP applications;
- Respond to client inquiries related to disability (telephone and in writing)
- System set up and input of data in each of the claims management and payment systems;
- Accurately managing financial responsibilities related to administering income replacement benefits such as benefit calculations, benefit offsets and benefit payments; and
- Prepare letters, i.e. templates, formatting and proofreading for errors.
Education : Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience.
Work Experience : Minimum six months experience in an administrative role, preferably in a health care or health service setting. Customer service experience is also preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience as a medical secretary would be considered an asset
- High attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to complete financial calculations using tools provided
Computer Skills: Excellent computer skills with superior knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
Language Skills: Bilingualism is required, both French and English.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Claims, Case Manager, Healthcare, Management, Insurance