New Grad, Civil Engineering - Land Development
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
Are you looking to gain experience in one of Canada's largest professional services firm? Are you looking to be a part of projects that shape the future? WSP is looking for 2019 Engineering Graduates to join our Land Development Ontario team.
This program will provide new Civil Engineering graduates the opportunity to gain a wide range of experience in various capacities within the Land Development Ontario team. Participants will rotate through three placements over approximately 19 months, with six to seven month assignments intended to include participation in each of Land Development, Contract Administration, and Water Resources on various signature projects in the Greater Toronto Area. The position will provide a broad base of design and field experience intended to serve as a foundation for your career. This program will provide a unique "hands on" experience, and with successful completion you will continue to build your career at WSP.
What will you do?
Through a structured, mentored program, you will be assigned a Senior Staff member as your Supervisor, whom you will discuss your progress with during each rotation. This will also assist in evaluating your performance, strengths, and obtain an understanding of your desires to assist in our collective selection of a department for a more permanent placement upon completion of the rotations. Throughout the program term, you will undertake a variety of responsibilities in each role, such as;
- Contribute in engineering design assignments in a team environment on large multinational / multisector project teams;
- Participate in project management and planning on various projects;
- Participate in the development of concept, preliminary and detailed engineering drawings, designs and plans, including plan & profiles, sections and details, for design, tender, construction and as-constructed drawing sets, and contract documents;
- Prepare reports and other project related documentation;
- Assist with preparing presentation materials and proposals;
- Undertake some field work as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in civil engineering from an accredited Canadian university;
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver's license. The successful candidate would have to provide proof that they have a valid driver's license upon being hired.
- Eligibility for EIT designation with Professional Engineers Ontario;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is an asset;
- Excellent MS Word and Excel abilities;
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Project is an asset;
- Ability to take initiative and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.