National Proposals and Pursuits Manager - Civil Engineering P3/AFP Projects
WSP in Oakville, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a National Pursuit Manager to join our Transportation Business Line, located at our Oakville office (other locations in Canada can also be considered). Reporting to our VP - Alternative Delivery, this position will be responsible for leading the various Market Sectors in EOIs and SOQ pursuits.
- Define and lead the Requests for Expression of Interest and RFQ processes including management and oversight of the content creation, evaluation of submissions, and final product development;
- Manage multiple concurrent pursuits, and pursuit teams, across both geographies and business lines;
- Working with the business line sectors, establish a resourcing plan and organizational structure for each proposal and secure the necessary resources to support the bid;
- From the ground up, develop and implement processes and controls to handle and administer proposal content, including assembling, organizing and filing content into a searchable cloud-based form;
- Support on contractual negotiations for the legal, commercial and financial provisions for project engineering services;
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from business development, project teams, commercial, legal and operations;
- Be the first point of contact to clients and partners when developing pursuit strategies, performing bid reviews, sharing of bid content and communicating timelines;
- Coach project teams and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposal best practice;
- Drive a high-performing, collaborative culture by developing relationships with the wider WSP proposals team, business lines, and partners;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- 10 years of experience managing the proposal process, with a minimum of 5 years in a senior role;
- Solid technical knowledge of civil engineering and infrastructure construction;
- Previous experience in the proposal process for Private-Public-Partnerships (PPP, P3, AFP) or Design-Build projects;
- Strong oral and written communication capabilities to translate project information into persuasive written technical content;
- Strong leadership and coaching skills to manage multi-disciplinary engineering and constructions teams;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet challenging deadlines;
- BA/BSc from a 4-year accredited institution (Engineering or Business preferred)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign
- Fluency in French and English is considered an asset.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.