Machine Operator - Afternoons
Talentcor in Woodstock, ON
Talentcor Woodstock office is currently recruiting for a Machine Operator for a local client.
The machine operator is responsible for safely loading steel coils, weighing as much as ten metric tons, into a steel slitting machine. Safety is of the utmost importance! This is a position that will lead to permanent employment for the right candidate!
Straight afternoons $17.15/hr
This position could lead to permanent employment based on your performance, motivation and attendance.
This client has excellent benefits once hired on.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Two to four years of Machine Operator experience - Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to Interact with co-workers, including Shipper/Receiver, Quality Engineer, pack line employees, and fellow operators to exchange tips about methods and procedures, to relay new information and safety precautions, to receive instructions or to instruct others how to perform new jobs.
- Ability to interact with supervisor to take direction on job assignments, to seek clarification on unclear job instructions and to seek help when problems arise.
- Ability to work as part of a team, which includes Shipper/Receiver, Quality Engineer, pack line, fellow operators and management to co-ordinate efforts to ensure that machines are used efficiently and work priorities are well managed.
- Ability to learn new work instructions and procedures through on-the-job training and experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (both oral and written forms) to various levels within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load raw material and unload processed material in a safe and productive manner.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy when performing machine setup.
- Change settings of the machine to produce finished goods to order specifications
- Operate computerized panel to perform repetitive machining operations
- Responsible for efficient and safe operation of various machinery
- Production reporting and downtime tracking
- Proper product identification and status tracking
- Work order tracking and completion
- In process quality inspections and the use of measuring tools
- Overhead crane experience is an asset
- Work to continuously improve all areas of productivity and reduce scrap.
- Inform supervisor or team lead of non-conformance issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of work station and meet 5S requirements.
- Participate in all required Safety training provided by the company, practice safe working habits and report any recognized workplace hazards.
Please submit your resume to Mehgan via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Talentcor would like to thank all that apply however; only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. We encourage you to visit our website to stay up-to-date with our current opportunities.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection, and placement process.
Alternate format available upon request