Fleetway Inc. in Halifax, NS
Chart Your Course with Fleetway Inc...
- Are you passionate about Project Management?
- Do you have 5 years of experience leading medium-large sized projects and P. Eng status?
- Are you known to be the person who 'gets things done'?
- Do you have the desire to join a rapidly growing, coast-to-coast team of industry professionals changing the face of the Canadian Navy?
If you've answered YES to the above questions, this may be your next big career opportunity!
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:20015 designation.
We are looking for a Project Manager for our Halifax, NS office.
Reporting to the Technical Planning Manager, the Senior Project Manager will oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of projects.
As the Project Manager, your job will be to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific projects you are working on; thereby, ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. As the position is primarily for tasks under the In-Service Support Contract for the Canadian Patrol Frigate, naval experience is considered an asset.
- Professional Engineer with 5 years of marine experience
- Expertise and experience in a wide variety of project management methods and eligible for PMP certification if not already held
- Naval experience is considered an asset
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills, written and oral
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Project
- Estimate, plan, execute, control and close assigned projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to specific tasks and projects
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate project performance to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
What We Offer:
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Flexible work hours
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.