Senior Combat Systems Technologist
Fleetway Inc. in Halifax, NS
SENIOR MARINE TECHNOLOGISTS:
-COMBAT SYSTEMS (TACTICAL)
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway's experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
We are looking for qualified Marine Technologists for our Halifax, NS office.
The Marine (Naval) Technologist is a vital asset to the Marine Technical Services team who reviews and analyzes engineering changes to determine the impact on naval ships and related documentation, as well as provides on-site technical support to customers to ensure proper implementation of engineering change installation packages and IRO class disposal work.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology or QL6B certification with Canadian Navy
- Years of Experience Required: 5-8 years of Canadian Naval experience as a Combat Systems Technologist
- Proficient with maintenance procedures and documentation
- Experience in technical writing and proficient with MS Office
- Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearance
- Experience working in a shipyard setting is considered an asset
- Experience in a Quality Assurance Role is considered an asset
- Analyzing engineering changes to naval ships/systems/equipment (including structures, materials, welding, paint and preservation, shock and vibration, damage control systems and piping systems) to determine the impact to ship's systems, equipment and technical documentation
- Providing on-site technical support to customers during the implementation of engineering change installation packages
- Working with the Engineering department to identify design issues and potential solutions to engineering changes
- Providing technical input to engineering specifications and drawings
- Reviewing and updating naval system and equipment technical documentation as required
- Conduct technical investigations and engineering studies
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Flexible work hours
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program
Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.