As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for:
- Windows and Linux server migrations using automated migration suite; including assessment, planning, migration, and post migration trouble-shooting and support.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Windows and Linux based servers; Investigating and troubleshooting systems as required to move migrations to successful completion.
- Effective communication and coordination across various IT Operations teams and also business stakeholders.
- Travel may be required.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016.
- Strong knowledge of Linux server administration.
- Strong knowledge of Windows application deployments, including networking, storage, databases, and runtime environments such as Web servers, .Net, Java, etc.
- Specific experience building servers, and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, and storage.
- General Microsoft proficiency (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Sites and Services.
- Familiarity with server migration process, including associated security and server hardening issues.
- Experience in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of virtual servers and virtualization software such as VMWare / AWS cloud services / Google compute.
- Experience with networking technologies (TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP).
This is a full-time position offering competitive benefits and compensation will commensurate with experience and qualifications. At Mariner we value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates.