Talentcor in Brampton is currently recruiting for a General Labourer for a safety equipment company in the Mississauga/Brampton.
Primary responsibilities may include the following:
- Responsible for splicing to 1 Wire Rope in accordance to industry specifications and standards.
- Responsible for coiling wire rope.
- Responsible for properly identifying the correct rope for the manufacture of slings.
- Properly identify the correct hardware and components to be used for/with wire rope slings
- Responsible for measuring pressed sleeves at regular intervals to ensure proper swaging.
- Reporting of non-conforming materials to Supervisor and/or Quality Department.
- Responsible for reading orders
- Responsible for filling out labels correctly for slings.
- Packs inspected finished product appropriately for shipping.
- Responsible for inspecting customer supplied product to assess need for repair (if any).
- Records wire rope reel numbers on orders for traceability.
- Responsible for counting physical inventory and inspecting inventory as to its condition.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized.
The qualified candidates must have the following:
- Must have experience within a warehouse or retail environment.
- Having previous experience in wire rope splicing would be considered an asset.
- Must have the ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Ability to read and comprehend work orders, blue prints, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must have Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced evolving environment with minimal supervision.
Monday - Friday (6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m)
This is a temp to permanent position.
Interested candidates can apply directly to Talentcor Brampton with General Labourer as subject line.
Talentcor would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
We encourage you to visit www.talentcor.com regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Alternate format available upon request.