Part Time Freight Handlers
Midland Transport in Dorval, QC
PART TIME FREIGHT HANDLERS
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is seeking Part Time Freight Handlers to bebased out of our Montreal, QC Transport Location. The selected candidates will be self-starters with a strong work ethic and "Can Do" attitude.
Evening Shifts 18:30-00:30 (M-F)
Day Shifts: 06:30-11:30 (M-F)
- Education Required: Minimum High School Diploma
- Years of Experience Required: Min 2 years; previous experience in a warehouse and/or freight handling preferred
- Ability to perform physically demanding job functions
- Committed to working safely in a fast paced environment
- Capable of working positively with others toward common goals
- Forklift experience and/or certification an asset, but not required
- Able to read and write clearly to complete paper work
- Knowledge of computers an asset
- Must have flexibility to work shift work: various evening, weekend shifts are available
- Efficient and safe load planning of outbound trailers to meet scheduled departure times
- Inspecting and preparing equipment for loading
- Loading of freight following specific load pattern plans
- Cleaning and general maintenance of facility and yard
- Monitoring temperature control of loaded trailers during shift
- Prepare and report freight handling details and shift statistics
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.