Junior Electrical Engineer
WSP in Toronto, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking Junior Electrical Engineers to join our Rail and Transit department, located at our construction site offices, of a major LRT project. Reporting to the Department Manager, this position will be responsible for visiting the locations of on-going site work to monitor activities on site. In this role, you will be given opportunities to advance your career through mentorship, site work, and design review activities.
- Visit the locations of any ongoing work on site, each day, to monitor activities on site and collect information and photographs of the work;
- Audit activities on track works and other related electrical works;
- Perform site inspections and make sound recommendations if required;
- Assist senior engineers with tasks and deliverables as requested;
- Notify the Senior Project Manager, by exception, of any issues or concerns as soon as they are identified;
- Produce a monthly report of findings, for use by the Construction Monitoring Lead in developing an overall monthly construction progress report;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Eligible for P.Eng. licensed to practice in the province of Ontario or Certified Engineering Technician (CET);
- PMP or other project management construction certification is an asset;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a similar capacity;
- Track/Rail installation experience (to audit activities on track works and other related civil works) is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing construction drawings and site work;
- Demonstrated experience in construction quality control and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience in Design-Build or AFP delivered projects;
- Sound judgement; effective organizational, analytical and problem solving skills; strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including technical report writing skills;
- Ability to work with multi-discipline technical teams and maintain effective working relationships;
- Working knowledge of personal computers and computerized applications related to the work;
- Requires a valid Province of Ontario Class "G" Driver's license and use of own vehicle for attending project sites, public meetings, etc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.