Project Assistant, Highways & Roads Regional
WSP in Red Deer, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Assistant to join our Highways & Roads, Regional Transportation team , located at our Red Deer, AB office. Reporting to the Director this position will be responsible for supporting the team on various projects with the opportunity to refine processes for optimal efficiency.
- Support the Director of the Highways and Roads, Regional Group for Western Canada and his direct report Regional Managers
- Create Engineering proposals involving the extensive use of technical and business terminology
- Maintaining confidential records and preparing related reports
- Generate and analyze internal financial reports and make recommendations for improvements
- Providing support on various systems and processes including expenses, organizational changes, PSR's and general office planning
- Create and maintain organization charts as required
- Required to take minutes at executive meetings
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- University or technical school graduate
- 10 years of related experience, in an engineering consulting environment would be considered an asset but is not required
- Operate at Expert level for Microsoft Excel and Word
- Use independent judgment to determine course of action required to perform assignments
- Detail oriented, extremely organized and structured
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional time management skills
- Elevated degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work independently with little direction
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Red Deer, AB