Service Manager - Saint John
Transportation and Logistics Divisional Services in Saint John, NB
The Transportation and Logistics division of JD Irving, Inc. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors (www.jdirving.com). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through our business digitization initiatives.
We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
We currently have an opening with one of our businesses at our Saint John, New Brunswick location for a Service Manager.
The successful candidate, reporting to the Operations Manager, will ensure the comprehensive supervision and coordination of projects, namely collaboration with all departments, maintaining productive relationships with supervisors and managers, and monitoring of costs and schedules.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Achieve results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results and coaching employees.
- Collaborate with key customers by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; resolving problems.
- Maintain a safe environment and quality service by establishing and applying organization standards, systems, policies and procedures.
- Create schedules and staffing requirements based on priorities and e nsure submission of accurate and timely payroll documents.
- Utilize work/repair orders systems and processes.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, 5S and Elite support certified.
- Post-Secondary University Degree
- Experience in heavy equipment industry or automotive repair environment. Truck and trailer experience preferred but not required.
- Experience coaching truck/automotive technicians/mechanics or tradespeople.
- Experience working with OEM warranty process.
- Demonstrated ability to energize, empower and engage team to get results.
- Ability to deal with conflict and adversity when leading teams through change.
- Exceptional communication skills, suitable for communication across various levels.
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
The Transportation & Logistics Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.