Director of Procurement, Big Erics
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Director of Procurement is responsible for all strategic product sourcing decisions and all vendor negotiation activities. This role also will oversee all replenishment activities for all of Big Erics' warehouse sites.
The Director of Procurement will lead a team which includes (but is not limited to), a Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Representatives, and Replenishment Specialists.
Duties to include:
- Evolve Big Erics' philosophy on inventory management, including core listing base and inventory efficiency
- Creates listing criteria and oversees its implementation and maintenance
- Creates and manages listing review for inventory efficiency
- Determines approved Vendor Base
- Vendors must be the best fit for the business and reviewed on a regular basis for compliance to ensure we are agile and best able to meet the needs of our customers
- Determines/negotiates cost, FOB, Terms, Discounts and Rebates
- Supplier Compliance - Monitors Supplier Performance, on time arrivals, fill rates
- Accurate components for COGS
- Vendor Data - Creation & Maintenance, Lead times, address and ship point accuracy
- Participates in leadership-level strategic planning and reporting
- Collaborates across departments, incorporating feedback and creating transparency
- Balances strategic with tactical - getting hands on- where required
- Creates and manages departmental budget, optimizing spend
- Performs competitive analysis, identifying challenges and growth opportunities
- Leverages creative problem solving to resolve roadblocks and generate ideas
- Builds positive and productive relationships with vendors and stakeholders
- University Degree in Business Administration or similar
- Procurement Professional Designation would be an asset
- Experience in mid to large sized Distribution business
- Brings passion, energy, and commitment to driving a business.
- A dynamic people manager who can motivate team members to perform at their best.
- Is a strong team player; believes strongly in collaborating with peers and team, creating an inspiring and productive team environment with open communication culture
- Relationship Builder; Able to effectively relate to, and build positive relationships with, internal teams (all levels), vendors, and internal stakeholders
- Articulates with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Has the skills and emotional intelligence to contribute to and help build a strong culture based on our core values: people, customers, accountability, integrity and knowledge.
Strategic & Business Skills:
- Has a strategic and tactical balance. Has the mentality to roll up his/her sleeves and be hands-on when required.
- Has strong business acumen, critical thinker with strong planning and execution.
- Is a master problem-solver with the ability to think out of the box and generate ideas.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Full-time | Monday to Friday
Location - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia or St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador