CAD Technologist Thornhill, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a CAD Technologist to join our Conveyance, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for helping prepare contract drawings from survey to tender and assist in date collection duties. This role solely focuses on CAD work/drafting. The ideal candidate will be interested in working with CAD specifically.
- Participate in projects involving 2D/3D drafting civil engineering drawings
- Preparation of detail drawings, sections and standard details
- Coordination of work with other disciplines
- Interpreting design sketches and asbuilts
- Producing civil engineering drawings
- Following design standards and guidelines
- Assist in collecting asbuilt drawings and watercards
- Diploma in Civil Engineering/related field from an accredited College;
- Certified Engineering Technician or Technologist is an asset;
- Knowledge of Bently MicroStation and Bentley InRoads is an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD layering techniques, objects, alignments and x-refs;
- General knowledge of municipal engineering concepts;
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Familiarity with Peel Region and City of Toronto Standards considered an asset
- Excellent organization and technical writing skills;
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid G Driver's License.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn new technologies
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.