Future Ready Program Consultant
WSP in Toronto, ON
Future Ready Program Consultant
Department Corporate - Strategy
ID # 11250
Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
WSP is currently seeking a Future Ready Program Consultant to join our Future Ready Team, Corporate Development, based in our Toronto, ON office. Reporting to the Manager, Future Ready, the Future Ready Program Consultant will continue to develop and implement the Future Ready program, specifically but not limited to the research program. By engaging, consulting and collaborating with internal lines of business, this role will coordinate and deliver research and thought leadership that changes that way we design and deliver our services in Canada.
Future Ready is WSP Canada's innovation program, helping our projects, clients and the communities they serve to be ready for tomorrow's world as well as today's. Future Ready is based on the fundamental pillars that we see the future more clearly through targeted research and thought leadership, we design for it today by responding to future trends in our work we do, and we lead in innovation, leveraging thought leadership, with Future Ready design, to create a WSP brand recognized by clients and employees as synonymous with innovation and future thinking.
What you can expect to do here:
- Research program delivery, refinement and communication, that fully supports and integrates with the Future Ready Program. Ongoing adaption of the research program based on Future Ready program evolution, as well as regional and global needs.
- As part of the research program, undertake and lead secondary research efforts, and coordinate primary research and thought leadership with subject matter experts and other relevant stakeholders. Facilitate peer-to-peer networking (regional, global) to share expertise.
- Coordinate with external partners (such as Universities, clients, professional institutions) on research and thought leadership via targeted meetings and communications.
- Coordinate with marketing to communicate research program outputs internally and externally. Includes events, white papers on key themes, social media and related digital content.
- Monitor research program performance and identify areas for improvement. Provide monthly reporting on progress, staff and client engagement, thought leadership content.
- Travel nationally when necessary to communicate Future Ready and research efforts and be confident meeting new people and presenting to groups.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required, post-graduate degree strongly desired;
- Passionate about making a positive impact on engineering and professional services that delivers a more sustainable and resilient future;
- Experience in designing and undertaking research;
- Experience in undertaking interviews to better understand a problem space within the industry and identify gaps in current knowledge strongly desired;
- Strong organizational skills, including project and program management;
- Intermediate level of related experience in industry or in research;
- Strong written and verbal communication. Capable of developing complex topics into tangible, client focused outputs, and coaching other thought leaders to do the same;
- Future-focused mindset and holistic thinker able of understanding downstream implications of today's decisions;
- A curiosity and interest in all branches of engineering, science and design;
- Innovative and strategic thinker that can identify and act on opportunities to develop ideas from thought leaders into content that provides tangible outcomes for internal and external WSP stakeholders.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.