At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Deputy Editor, Chatelaine
We are seeking an experienced editor to provide daily direction to the editorial team for Chatelaine, Canada?s premier women?s media brand. The right candidate will be passionate about telling the stories and exploring the issues that matter to Canadian women ? those happening in the world, at work and at home ? across all platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a knack for collaboration, digital chops, and a drive to deliver compelling content that engages our smart, multi-faceted readers, from a nuanced take on #MeToo to a no-fail peach pie. A deep knowledge of lifestyle content and digital audiences, a contact list of talented and diverse writer voices, and a thorough understanding and appreciation of the Chatelaine brand in Canada are a must. Reporting to the editor-in-chief, the deputy editor should be able to juggle a variety of projects, while also driving a culture of innovation.
In addition, the deputy editor will be responsible for the following:
· Provide editorial direction and oversee brand voice for consistency across platforms and products
· Own long-term edit plan, encompassing print, digital, video and special projects, and communicate it to stakeholders across the org
· Collaborate with editor-in-chief on new content products and brand extensions
· Spearhead large-scale content and maintenance projects outside daily digital and print cycles, working with stakeholders around the company
· Run editorial pitch team meetings
· Represent brand in media interviews
· Track spending against editorial budget
· Write and edit content for all platforms
· Manage team of senior editors
· 5+ of editorial experience, must include digital
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
· Experience with CMS
· Exceptional organizational skillsSchedule: Full time Shift: Day Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements: None Posting Category/Function: Publishing & Editorial Requisition ID: 145470 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what?s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]