Security Analyst Halifax
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Halifax, NS
Security Analyst Halifax
Now that you have the training, how do you launch your IT career?
If you are you excited about the internet of things, data, mobility & innovative solutions while always focused on the delivery of the customer experience, then please, keep reading!
We are J.D. Irving, Limited & our Information Technology Team work with the latest and best technology and we are the destination of choice for curious, energetic & collaborative people!
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Dieppe, Fredericton and Halifax, we offer our people the opportunity to add business value to our organization while enjoying the friendly and naturally beautiful lifestyle that only the Maritimes can offer. We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development programs. As a key member of our team, your coworkers will be among the best in Maritimes. That's why JDI.
As a Security Analyst, you will work with project teams across the organization to ensure appropriate security controls are included from project initiation through design, implementation, operation, and disposal. You manage risk by leveraging existing controls and capabilities, and by identifying gaps. You will help business stakeholders understand and accept or mitigate these risks.
You will verify and provide evidence of systems security through detailed analysis and creation of policies, procedures, and documents. You will brief senior leadership on the results of your analysis.
- College or University degree in computer science, business or engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to initiate and pursue independent work
- Passionate of IT security
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including advanced Word, PowerPoint, and Excel functions
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn
- Must be able to obtain NATO SECRET security clearance
- Familiarity with security policy such as ITSG-33 and NIST's Cyber Security Framework (CSF)
- Experience with risk management and integrating security into software development life cycle
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Citrix, and other Microsoft enterprise products
- Experience with DND/CAF security functions such as COMSEC
- Have completed or aspire towards CISSP, SANS, or OSCP certifications
- Participate in security design and implementation throughout project life cycle
- Create and update IT security policies
- Gather documentary evidence of corporate policies and technical settings to meet government requirements
- Perform security analysis of complex technical environments
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.