Talent Management Specialist
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Talent Management Specialist to join our Talent Program team, located at our Ottawa office. This role will support the organizational strategy for workforce planning, career and succession planning and talent management. Reporting to the Talent Program Manager, the Talent Management Specialist will work in conjunction with the Recruiters, HR Business Partners and Operational Staff to deliver services to the designated client group.
- Facilitate the adoption and integration of processes, tools and methods to address Talent Management and Workforce Planning efforts;
- Drive the development of short and long term workforce planning activities across multiple lines of business in alignment with strategic project priorities;
- Ensure an accurate view of the workforce and liaise with internal stakeholders and program managers to validate project requirements and scheduling of resources to engagements;
- Forecast gaps in staff availability and projects, identify at-risk engagements and coordinate with the respective leaders to make changes in a proactive manner;
- Develop partnerships across HR for all hiring requirements providing appropriate lead times in order to facilitate on-time delivery of new resources to enable project success;
- Provide analysis and input to critical talent needs and the development of both short and long term proactive strategic talent pipelines
- Work with several lines of business to identify optimal resources to meet program requirements;
- Attend internal status meetings when necessary, to stay up to date on all projects and their resourcing;
- Problem solve under tight deadlines and make decisions autonomously;
- Update leadership and other internal stakes on key resource status, issues, problems, meetings and keeping senior management involved as needed;
- College or university degree in business, human resources, or related field
- CHRL designation is an asset
- Bilingual - French and English is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in an HR Environment (3-5 years within workforce planning, succession planning and talent management)
- Capable and comfortable operating independently with minimal supervision, able to work through new tasks;
- Excellent client relationship management skills;
- Ability to anticipate needs and take the appropriate action(s);
- Proven success in multi-tasking, prioritizing between competing priorities and adapting to change;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.