EIT, Land Devlopment
WSP in Canmore, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking an EIT, Land Development to join our Infrastructure group, located at our Canmore office. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this position will work on Land Development and Municipal projects. You will apply your experience on preliminary engineering, due diligence reports, earthworks, site servicing, field inspections, proposal development, project management, and other related activities.
- Due Diligence reports
- Preliminary design;
- Site grading / earthworks calculations;
- Site Servicing;
- Contract Administration;
- Proposal development;
- Site Inspection;
- ESC monitoring and reporting;
- Construction monitoring and reporting; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- Registered or eligible for registration with APEGA;
- 1+ year of experience in a consulting environment on Land Development and Municipal design projects will be asset;
- Have working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D;
- High attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and presentation skills; and
- Valid driver's license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.