Cavendish Agri Services in Dieppe, NB
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 13 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will put the focus on customers, both external and internal, while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy and detail. If you're a highly-motivated individual with a "can do" attitude, we would like to hear from you. This is a fast-paced environment where you'll work as a key member of a dedicated team.
- Post-secondary education in accounting with an accounting designation (CPA)
- Skilled in the full cycle accounting process
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities
- Enthusiastic communicator to both external and internal stakeholders
- Independent and resourceful with robust problem-solving capabilities
- Strong sense of urgency and detail-oriented, with a focus on delivering high quality work
- Motivated to continually ensure integrity and improve financial reporting
- Monthly financial reporting, ensuring timely and relevant monitoring and reporting of financial results
- Development of KPI's and site reporting
- Understand and interpret financial data. Assist in monthly variance analysis
- Participate in the annual financial statement audit and quarterly internal audit compliance, including preparation of materials and coordination with the internal and external auditors
- Involvement in standard costing and inventory valuation processes
- Other duties as assigned
Please apply online by April 17, 2019.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.