Operator Services- Switchboard
J.D. Irving, Limited - General Division in Saint John, NB
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882 , J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
We are currently seeking candidates for Switchboard Operator with our Operator Services Group located at our Head Office in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Education Required: High School Diploma
- Years of Experience Required:
- Superior communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Above average ability to answer and direct calls and to manage time efficiently
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite of products is required
- Must have excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette, and well-developed problem solving skills
- Previous switchboard operation or reception experience is considered an asset
- Bilingual; French an asset
- Primary responsibilities are answering, directing and relaying messages to ensure customer satisfaction and call completion
- Call conferencing and set up is required
- Bill processing
- This position involves work during the business week, Monday to Friday, with 8.5 hour shifts that will be scheduled between 7:30am to 6:00 pm
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online by April 5th, 2019!
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.