Opportunities Third Engineers
Atlantic Towing Limited in St. John's, NL
Atlantic Towing Limited is a well-established Marine Company with a diverse fleet of Harbour, Coastal/Deep Sea Tugs, as well as, Offshore Supply Vessels with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick, Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, Newfoundland.
Safe and efficient Engine Room Watchkeeping and machinery performance monitoring in accordance with applicable regulations, Chief Engineer's standing orders and company policies and procedures, and maintenance of the Engine Room Logbook.
- Education Required:
- Marine Emergency Duties
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Marine First Aid and CPR
- H2S Alive
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 years of experience
- Vessel personnel with security responsibilities
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate (TDG)
- Perform pertinent planned maintenance activities in accordance with the vessel's program, as instructed by the Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that all hazardous work is carried out under controlled conditions and all safety procedures observed: permit to work, Confined Space Entry, Job Safety Analysis, Lockout/Tag Out, etc.
- Arrange for all piping and structure repairs carried out on board to be conducted in accordance with good engineering practices and pressure tests, where applicable, be conducted safely
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of Engine Room spare parts, stores and supplies
- As the designated librarian, ensure that all Engine Room Department manuals, publications and records are properly indexed, identifiable and easily retrievable, in accordance with the established procedures
- Training and supervision of junior engineers and engineering cadets
- Contribute to ATL's Safety culture by:
- Understand and comply with various safety processes within the Safety Management System
- Possess the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks.
- Have a thorough understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System
- Have thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.