Forest Machine Operator - (PART TIME ) Northern NB
Northern NB Woodlands in Saint Leonard, NB
FOREST MACHINE OPERATOR (PART TIME)
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is currently seeking candidates for Forest Machine Contractors and Operators. The positions are located in New Brunswick and report to the Harvesting Supervisor. The Forest Machine Operator is tasked with supplying our mills with the wood they need to produce high quality products which are sold to customers throughout North America. They will be expected to operate the forest machine in a safe, efficient and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices.
- Education Required:
- High school diploma minimum
- Certified Forest Machine Operator considered an asset
- Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic considered an asset
- Years of Experience Required: 3 years operation of forest machinery required
- Language: English or French
- Operate the forest machine in a safe, efficient and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices
- Maintain productivity, production and utilization targets
- Perform daily maintenance and repairs as required
Number of Openings: Multiple
Employment Locations: Openings exist in several locations in the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
New Brunswick is nestled under Quebec's Gaspé Peninsula and beside the State of Maine. New Brunswick is home to coastlines carved by the world's highest tides, magnificent rivers, rolling farmland and lush forests. Whether you prefer small-town communities or big-city amenities, family-oriented recreation or a thriving arts and culture environment, New Brunswick, Canada offers a quality of life that's sure to suit your lifestyle.
Hourly Rate: Up to $27.00/hour, plus Benefits
Terms of Employment: Part time role.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please click the "Apply" button and follow the application steps
Want to learn more about JDI? https://www.jdirving.com/
Want to Learn More about New Brunswick?
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees