Senior Procurement Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is the most modern shipbuilder and in-service ship support provider in North America.
Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, our skilled team and innovative facilities provide efficient building, fabrication, conversion and servicing of vessels and offshore platforms. As Canada's chosen shipbuilder, Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is working with the Royal Canadian Navy on the next class of Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) and Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship (AOPS) vessels under the National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS). We are proud to continue our long history as a trusted partner in Canadian shipbuilding.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is a member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, a diverse family owned company with operations in Canada and the United States.
Effective Supply Chain capability takes skill, talent, resolve, and the ability to think on your feet and develop solutions to unexpected challenges. When you're a company as vast and differentiated as Irving Shipbuilding, solving fresh challenges becomes the name of the game - and we're seeking a Senior Procurement Specialist. Reporting to the Team Leader, the Senior Procurement Specialist will apply industrial expertise, energy and strategic /operational capabilities to deliver Best In Class performance fit for the 21st century.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University Degree in an Engineering, Business or related subject, or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the in the shipbuilding industry in a supply chain or engineering function
- Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be an asset
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Previous exposure to market analytics and insights
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Supplier management including:
- Develop and improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance
- Issue POs for material
- Contract management including:
- Negotiate contracts and long term agreements
- Execution of negotiated contract through ISI's ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems.
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Integrated sourcing initiatives including:
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead-time and capacity)
- Continuous improvement including:
- Support new product introduction activities
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes
- Undertake cost analysis for direct material and services
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.