Assistant Project Manager, Conveyance
WSP in Thornhill, ON
Assistant Project Manager, Conveyance
Business Line Infrastructure
ID # 11223
Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our Conveyance group, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for project documentation and controls supporting project management related tasks for Linear infrastructure related projects/programs.
- Coordinate teams including staff from within the group as well as staff from other business units and ensure communications are provided in an accurate and timely manner;
- Manage subconsultants including but not limited to their proposals, agreements, invoices, schedules, and deliverables;
- Develop, track, and monitor budgets as well as provide forecasts on a regular basis;
- Coordinate with project accountant and project biller and provide clear instructions to ensure budgets are correctly maintained in the system and invoicing is done accurately and in a timely manner and all necessary backup documentation is provided to the client to avoid payment delays;
- Develop realistic baseline schedules and maintain these on a regular basis, providing justification where revisions are warranted;
- Review project deliverables to ensure requirements are fulfilled;
- Attend meetings and prepare and distribute agendas, meeting summaries, and meeting packages;
- Prepare and distribute monthly progress reports;
- Maintain communications with clients and project teams and provide/prepare responses to team/client requests;
- Review in detail contract documents and agreements to be able to identify tasks/client requests that are within or out of scope.
- Set up and Maintain document management systems, and project storage folders both internal to the team as well as those shared with clients;
- Apply Triple Bottom Line (financial, social and environmental) thinking to each client project; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering and/or project controls;
- P.Eng, CAPM, PMP designations are an asset;
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project; knowledge of SharePoint and Primavera is an asset
- Knowledge of linear infrastructure processes for design and contract administration;
- Ability to quickly identify and understand project issues and opportunities and proactively provide options for solutions;
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and accommodate multiple requests from various sources in any given day;
- A team player who thrives on working with other successful, energetic people; and
- An excellent communicator, with strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.