Structural Engineer - Civil and hydraulic - Energy Group Markham, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Markham, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking for a dedicated Intermediate Structure Engineer to join our Power group, located at our Markham office. This candidate will work with a creative, dynamic team of Engineers, Designers and Project Managers and will have a direct impact on the successful delivery of some of Canada's most important hydropower and dam, Wind and Solar power generation, transmission and distribution, and energy storage projects. This position will be responsible for supporting our Civil, Structural and Electrical teams on projects involving all civil and structural aspects. The successful candidate will report structural team lead/manager
- Reviewing all background information provided for projects and determining what is relevant and what is missing;
- Perform analysis and design of new and existing heavy civil, industrial and electrical structures;
- Conducting field inspections to determine completeness of work being conducted; accuracy according to contract drawings and specifications; condition of existing structures; or other related tasks;
- Produce clear and concise engineering reports, technical memoranda, meeting minutes specifications and other related communications;
- Preparation of proposals, schedules and budgets;
- Interdisciplinary coordination;
- Ensuring compliance with company design and QA/QC procedures;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Licenced Professional Engineer in good standing with PEO;
- Minimum 6 years of experience, preferably in Civil and hydraulic structures;
- Capable of working as part of a dynamic and highly motivated team spread across multiple offices, also confident in working individually with minimal direction;
- Experience with structural modelling, stability analysis, CAD, Mathcad is essential;
- Familiarity with NBC, OBC, CSA-A23, CSA-S16, CISC, ACI, AISC is required;
- Ability to occasionally travel to project sites for inspections and data collection;
- Working knowledge of associated software.
- Strong team leading and juniors mentoring;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong knowledge of and dedication to current Health and Safety practices;
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- French language knowledge and PMP certificate will be asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.