Engineer, Municipal Engineering
WSP in Fort McMurray, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
Through the success of our Fort McMurray office, we have expanded our operations and are seeking a highly motivated individual who resides in the region or is willing to move to the community and contribute to the growth of our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure, this position includes project participation in Municipal Infrastructure, Land Development, Contract Administration and Construction Support. The opportunity will provide a broad base of design, coordination, project management and field experience intended to serve as the foundation for your career at WSP.
The position will provide a unique "hands on" experience giving you the opportunity to work directly with clients, contractors and the community, work in a fast-paced environment, and use your skills to problem solve and grow your career.
- Engage and coordinate with clients, contractors, project team members, stakeholders and the public on various local projects;
- Resolve issues that arise during planning, design and construction, using problem solving skills and engaging other project team members;
- Develop and maintain project tracking systems, progress claims and report throughout the project life cycle;
- Supervise and inspect construction projects to ensure that procedures and materials comply with drawings and contract specifications;
- Perform field reviews and site meetings during construction, which include final project walkdowns and on-site safety observations;
- Assist with field inspection duties when necessary; and
- Assist with Business Development and foster growth of the local operations.
- An undergraduate degree in a related engineering field from an accredited university;
- Eligibility for registration in APEGA is required;
- 1-4+ year of related experience;
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable in working independently in both an office and field environment;
- Construction related experience would be considered an asset;
- During construction season, must be comfortable working construction hours from time to time; and
- A Valid driver's license is required for this position.
We are always looking for a great talent in Fort McMurray to support our growth, and if you feel your resume doesn't fit the experience detailed above, please send us a cover letter and resume for potential consideration.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Fort McMurray, AB