MARKET SUB-SECTOR LEADER
WSP in Calgary, AB
MARKET SUB-SECTOR LEADER
Business Line Geomatics
ID # 11206
Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Market Sub-Sector Leader to join our Geomatics Pipeline Integrity Business. Reporting to the Regional Director, this position will be responsible for providing management expertise to Pipeline Integrity Surveying activities.
- Work closely with the client Project Managers, Project Engineers, Landman and administrators to ensure projects are initiated in a timely manner and the priorities are aligned.
- Plan and execute business development strategies and territory plans.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Identifying new sales leads, pitching services to grow the existing client base.
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings.
- Researching the needs of clients and learning who makes decisions about purchasing.
- Increase revenue year over year
- Maintain appropriate utility targets for you and your team.
- Attend bi-weekly KPI meetings addressing Project performance and DSO.
- Liaise with team regarding the field surveying, priority setting and issuing of the final survey plans.
- Work closely with and coordinate survey crews to maximize production and quality while minimizing cost.
- Standardization of survey deliverables both in the field and office.
- Continuously look for ways to be innovative and deliver new solution to our clients.
- Plan checking of survey plans and access maps.
- Ensure all client and WSP safety requirements are met.
- Ensure consistent WSP quality standards on all work performed.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Track projects to ensure surveys are completed and delivered on time.
- Ensure that survey plans are distributed to the appropriate people according to Document Control submittals.
- Approving daily field and office LEM's and ensuring all Project Managers complete this daily.
- Project invoicing and ensuring all Project Managers complete invoicing in a timely manner
- Project cost reporting and cost management
- Knowledge of pipeline alignment sheets and construction drawings.
- Working with GIS to build access maps and routing
- Conduct field safety audits and hold the management team accountable
- A degree or diploma in Geomatics Engineering considered an asset;
- 5+ years of experience at the professional level;
- Strong business development, survey, project management and financial management skills;
- Exceptional people management skills and relationship building skills;
- Experience in the provision of Geomatics services and the management of Geomatics projects;
- Excellent communication, organizational and management skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leaderships skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities;
- Willingness and ability to travel to sites across Canada.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.