Senior Engineer, Wastewater
WSP in North Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a motivated Senior Wastewater Engineer to join our North Vancouver Infrastructure team. Reporting to the Director, Wastewater Treatment, this position will be responsible for the following.
- Provide technical advisory services to clients for specific projects in respect to wastewater engineering;
- Lead and manage the preparation of design analyses, design drawings, specifications, cost estimates, presentations, and reports is required;
- Coordinate and manage the various design disciplines, foster communication and coordination among design team members, ensure that designs are complete and functional;
- Develop and strengthen existing skills and deliver engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice;
- Ensure that solutions offered and delivered reflect the needs of private sector, municipal, provincial and federal clients as the case may be;
- Lead internal technical reviews and verification checks on analysis, reports, designs and associated advice;
- Project management, oversight of contract administration, field reviews and commissioning activities for projects under construction; and
- Support and participate in business development and project pursuits, including client contact and liaison.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering from an accredited university with focus on wastewater treatment;
- A Master Degree specializing in wastewater treatment would be an asset;
- Professional Engineer designation with minimum 15+ years of wastewater treatment planning and design experience in a consulting environment;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in Engineers and Geoscientists, British Columbia;
- Extensive experience in planning, design and implementation of municipal wastewater treatment facilities and related infrastructure;
- Experience in leading preliminary design, detailed design, construction and commissioning of wastewater treatment plants;
- Proven project management experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Team player with a high level of initiative, motivation and drive, energy and enthusiasm for getting things done.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
North Vancouver, BC