Project Designer (Engineer) , Highways & Roads Transportation Engineering Calgary, AB 04/06/2019
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Project Designer (Engineer) - Highways & Roads, to join our Transportation department located at our Calgary office. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation, this position will be responsible for highway design and the successful candidate will participate in the delivery of multi-disciplinary highway design projects.
Responsibilities will include highway design and design guidance to other team members as well as a wide range of project requirements including but not limited to:
- Technical analysis and design;
- Report preparation;
- Cost estimating;
- Preparation and review of drawings;
- Contract specifications / documentation; and
- Liaison with all discipline members, sub-consultants, clients, and agencies.
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with APEGA);
- Minimum of 7 years of Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry;
- Able to work independently as well as in groups;
- Experience with urban roadway design and inter-disciplinary coordination related to roadway and highway projects;
- Familiarity with City of Calgary market conditions, public and private sector client base in and around the Calgary Region;
- Understanding of traffic engineering principles;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with excellent teamwork skills;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed; and
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.