Global Cloud Infrastructure Specialist
WSP in Montreal, QC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a "Cloud Infrastructure Specialist" to join the Global IT Department in its either our Montreal, QC; Lancaster, PA; or London, UK offices. Reporting to the Global Head of Enterprise Cloud and Compute Services, your role will be to design and govern server, cloud based infrastructure systems across the globe. Working with a team of specialists, you will be part of the team advising Global IT leadership in making the best decisions concerning Cloud designs in addition to governing the systems already in place. You will be working closely with regional service owners, project teams and other Global IT Teams across the world.
- Work closely with our global supplier to oversee and govern the technical underpinnings of our global infrastructure and operations agreement ;
- Play a role with the Global Mergers and Acquisition team for the integration of all new infrastructure systems resulting from acquisitions or internal projects requiring amendments to the outsource service contrac ;
- Provide design strategies Cloud Infrastructure systems ;
- Develop and coordinate Cloud Architecture ;
- Evaluate multiple Cloud solutions ;
- Provide technical guidance and alignment to the supplier in line with global architecture and standards ;
- Ensure the supplier is meeting expectations in terms of performance (SLA) and quality of services ;
- Participate in solution design ;
- Act as liaison with the supplier during transition and in the future operating model ;
- Participate in the global infrastructure and operations technical governance process ;
- Ensure supplier adherence to process, procedures and standards.
We are looking for a Senior IT staff member with proven experience in all the areas indicated above and experience working within a large and geographically disbursed environment. The position offers an exciting opportunity to develop a career within a large and expanding global corporate environment.
- 5 + years of relevant experience and related education
- Azure, AWS, GCP and other Cloud platforms
- Strong knowledge of cloud security in both on premise and public cloud scenarios.
- Strong knowledge and commitment to quality design including design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Experience developing forward-looking architectures
- Experience with IaaS and SaaS solutioning and selection
- Experience with cloud security including SSL, auth mechanisms
- Experience with Azure AD, Identity providers
- Familiarity with Azure Service Fabric, Docker, ARM template creation and deployment, scripting
- Experience with Web Services technologies and protocols Environment Creation Automation
- Virtualization Software
- Object Based Storage Extensions to Cloud
- Bachelors degree in related field such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field ;
- High degree of initiative ;
- Ability to work creatively and analytically with others in a problem-solving environment ;
- Ability to communicate problems in terms that are understandable to end users at all levels ;
- Ability to present complex ideas and concepts to all levels of management ;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills equivalent in English.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.