Business Analyst, Enterprise Systems Thornhill, ON 08/05/2019
WSP in Multiple Locations
Montreal, QC | Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
THORNHILL OR MONTREAL
The Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing, assessing, developing and optimizing the business processes. Analyze and translate business requirements into system deployments and/or business process changes. Work closely with business users and stakeholders capturing requirements including process opportunities, needs for new or enhanced capabilities, training and reporting needs. This role acts as a liaison between the business users and project team. The business analyst uses knowledge of business applications and processes to develop and recommend appropriate solution and process engineering based on user needs and business priorities.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the business processes by researching best practices, devising improvements, piloting new techniques, and creating more effective processes;
- Participate in the preparation of business case documents, project plans and other information needed by management to select and prioritize business initiatives, working with business project managers;
- Assist in project planning and project scope sessions to ensure compliance with the project charter, implementation plan, and client agreements.
O perational Responsibilities
- Document business objective, scope, benefits in appropriate document templates such as the Business Case;
- Elicit and document the business requirements of multiple stakeholders;
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements among multiple stakeholders;
- Identify business priorities based on assessment of business needs;
- Conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and requirements;
- Assess the risks of various solutions;
- Obtain key inputs from enterprise architecture teams and identifies solution interdependencies;
- Create an improvements deployment road map;
- Provide training and support to business for processes, procedures, application functionality, enhancements, upgrades and improvements, as required.
Leadership and People Responsibilities
- Liaise effectively with the business systems analyst or developers assigned to the project, to ensure proper transition of requirements from business requirements through to technical (system) requirements.
- Act as liaison between the stakeholders and project team to facilitate implementation of business solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Build a strong working relationship with both business units and external business partners.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and documenting user acceptance testing, performing quality tests, and participating in the resolution of problems.
- Finance/Budgetary Responsibilities
- Conduct Cost-Benefit analysis.
- Technical Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring and coaching business team members.
- Recommend and promote best methodology practices to adopt.
- Proactively search for improvements to business processes and propose best-in-class solutions and services.
- Possess an understanding of systems engineering concepts and the enterprise application ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a related field is required
- 5 years experience as a Business Analyst
- 5 years experience in the development and implementation of process improvements including technology solutions
- 3 years in a consulting or client relationship management environment
- 3 years experience with ERP systems and their standard processes covering Finance and HR sectors
- Familiarity with Agile solution delivery methodology
- Excellent analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of MS office suite: Vision, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of databases that capture existing information and demonstrate the use of data sources
- Leadership and ability to coordinate projects
- Ability to communicate and influence different levels of management
- Bilingual (English and French) both written and oral is preferred
- IIBA certification is an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.