Human Resources Coordinator
The Mariner group of companies is known for investing in and building technology companies with themes of big data, software innovation, commitment to customer success and developing international growth markets. Mariner consists of Mariner xVu, Mariner Innovations, Shift Energy, and East Valley Ventures.
- Mariner xVu is the world leader in Software Defined Monitoring for managed and unmanaged IP video, streaming and broadband/Wi-Fi networks. Our software helps operators centrally manage the complexity required to deliver new video services with real-time visibility into subscriber experience - anywhere.
- Mariner Innovations is a leading provider of professional IT services, offering unique expertise in application development, information security, data management and support/maintenance services across communications, industrial, utility and the public sector
- East Valley , the start-up acceleration division of Mariner Partners, has made over 30 investments, with multiple exits, including Q1 Labs, Internet Security for Banking, sold to IBM; and Radian6, Marketing Cloud Analytics sold to SalesForce.com. The organization specializes in mentoring and providing support to entrepreneurs.
- Shift Energy's Energy Optimization System [EOS] automates the real time tuning of independent energy systems for large building complexes. The world's leading building managers are using Internet-based Big Data and low cost IoT sensors to drive down energy operational costs.
Founded in 2003, Mariner Partner's head office is located in Saint John, New Brunswick. We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team and our customers are located in major cities across Canada and in North and South America and Europe.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Human Resources (HR) Coordinator. Reporting to the VP of Talent and Organizational Development, our ideal candidate will have knowledge of Human Resources best practices, and experience providing support to employees and managers in a broad range of functions, including Recruiting, Training and Development, and Employee Engagement. He/She will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using HR software and tools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Posting and advertising open positions and assisting leaders in the recruitment process.
- Developing and maintaining good relationship with universities, employment agencies and other recruitment resources.
- Checking applicant references, coordinating pre-employment testing and facilitating the offer process.
- Coordinate onboarding of new employees
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits etc)
- Coordinate employee training sessions, seminars and corporate events
- Prepare and deliver employee communication, presentations, and correspondence
- Assist in the delivery and implementation of Human Resources programs and policies regarding performance management, learning and development, employee relations, recognition and engagement
- Continuous improvement of HR processes
- Coordination of annual charitable giving campaigns
- additional HR projects as assigned
- 2 years of experience working as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Experience using applicant tracking systems
- Experience using a variety of recruiting methods - including social media
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resource Management will be a plus