Sales Compliance Advisor
Medavie Blue Cross in Moncton, NB
For over 70 years, and across six provinces we've been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We're a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Job Title: Sales Compliance Advisor Department: Sales and Business Development Competition: 4639 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Moncton, NB Salary: Comprehensive Compensation Reports To: Manager
In this role you will support the Sales leaders in Atlantic, Quebec and Ontario to ensure that regulatory requirements are met and understood within our internal and external Group and Individual Agent network. You will be responsible to ensure best practice processes are defined, documented and adhered to. A key element to this role will be developing, documenting and present education sessions related to regulatory compliance requirements to our internal Sales management and Sales Executive teams. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of all Group and Individual Agent forms.
- Ensure best practice processes are adhered to and understood by our Agent network, Sales management as well as Sales Executive team.
- Ownership and ongoing maintenance of internal and external licensing list and reporting on expired licenses; ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Sending documentation to applicable Agents at licensing renewal stage. Upon receiving licensing documentation work closely with key internal stakeholders.
- Providing escalations to Market Conduct team, when needed.
- Actively participate in annual self- assessment of market compliance; Initiate responses in regards to our Sales functions and provide relevant documentation to audit team, upon request.
- Keeping abreast on relevant market conduct changes.
- Semi-annual review with Sales leadership team regarding our best practices and bring awareness of any market conduct changes.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of Agent forms; MGA Agreements, Sub Agent Agreement, Individual agreement and any other forms deemed as a requirement. You will provide recommendations and seek approval from key stakeholders, when necessary.
- Build strong partnerships across Medavie regions and business units to drive implementation of, and compliance with, business practice requirements and expectations.
- Ability to implement new systems, training plan and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness
Education: Minimum 4 year University Business degree or equivalent college business degree
Work Experience: Group benefits experience would be considered an asset
Other Qualifications: Life, Accident & Sickness License, GBA or CEBS designation would be considered an asset-We are looking for someone who wants to continue to learn!
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Language Skills: Bilingualism in French and English is required
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Business Development, Sales