Senior Engineer, Mechanical QA/QC
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Engineer, Mechanical - QA & QC to join our Mechanical & Project Engineering Group of the Oil & Gas Department, located at our Calgary Office. Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical & Project Engineering this position will be responsible for providing technical oversight on complex projects and supporting quality reviews as well as driving technical excellence.
- Supervising an engineering group involved in the caption, planning and development of engineering design, projects, processes, proposals and estimates
- Guiding through to completion in accordance with the schedule and budget on assigned major project of highly technical complexity
- Assisting in the negotiation of critical engineering issues
- Assigning and reviewing the work of subordinate design engineering staff
- Guides project to completion in accordance with the related project schedule and budget
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining existing and new standards, guides, and procedures
- Accountable for establishing basic design criteria for the project with the client; ensure compliance of PEP with National Business Line procedures
- Assists Lead and/or Manager in the development of a Project Resource Plan
- Advocate the usage of and confirms compliance with all of the client and Corporate procedures
- Ensure all design deliverable comply with applicable codes and standards
- Manage Client expectations and negotiate successful outcomes
- Mentor, coach and train engineers in the discipline
- Provide technical oversight on complex projects
- Support quality reviews and during technical excellence
- Graduate in Engineering, Applied Science or Engineering Technology Diploma
- Registered with Provincial Engineering Association - P.Eng or P.Tech designation
- 15+years' experience
- Ability to act as discipline or area lead on a project
- Ability to handle queries from clients, vendors and project team
- Ability to mentor, coach and teach others.
- Communication, problem solving and collaborative skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.