WSP in Oakville, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Electrical Designer to join our Transportation Electrical Department, located at our Oakville office. Reporting to the Department Manager, as well as Project Managers with the department, this position will be responsible for the design of outdoor lighting, traffic signal, and low voltage power distribution systems for Transportation projects.
- Work with project managers and senior designers on a variety of projects;
- Prepare preliminary and detailed drawings, designs and plans;
- Review of designs, drawings, calculations, and computer lighting analysis;
- Perform calculations, assessments and inspections;
- Prepare reports and other project related documentation;
- Assist with preparing presentation materials and proposals;
- Occasional field work may be required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in an Electrical Engineering program from an accredited university or community college;
- Licensed with PEO or OCETT, or eligible for professional licensing with the aforementioned self-regulating bodies;
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation and/or illumination design software is an asset;
- 1-2 yrs of industry related experience an asset;
- Experience with traffic signal and illumination design or field work for various municipalities and agencies, traffic signal operations, timing and phasing, vehicle and pedestrian detection devices is an asset;
- Strong interest in outdoor illumination design, traffic signal design and electrical work associated with transportation engineering;
- Excellent technical, analytical writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Desire to take on new challenges.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.