Designer EIT - Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Oakville, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Oakville, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Designer / E.I.T. to join our Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) department, located at our Oakville office. Reporting to the department manager this position will be responsible for various transportation designs, from conceptual design through to detail design completion for transportation related projects that involve Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and various other Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
- Design and develop systems specifications, including layout plans;
- Collaboration within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Perform quantity calculations;
- Prepare working drawings;
- Write specifications, estimate costs and materials;
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance;
- Review of designs and drawings and calculations;
- Field work is required;
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Electrical or Civil Engineering or a related transportation discipline from an accredited university;
- Eligible for professional licensing within PEO is an asset;
- 1 - 3 years of related experience is an asset;
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is an asset;
- Excellent technical, analytical writing and presentation skills;
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written;
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.