WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Junior/Intermediate Transportation Engineer to join our Transportation Planning Team, located at our Thornhill office. This position will be responsible for working on numerous projects for respected municipal clients and development related work. Projects include: Transportation Master Plans, Secondary Plans, Area Studies, Environmental Assessments, Traffic Impact Studies, Parking Studies, Active Transportation, Signage Studies and Multi-Modal Studies.
- Develop functional and preliminary designs for streets and parking facilities;
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include; preliminary design, calculation, cost estimate and selection of preferred solution;
- Preparing signage and wayfinding plans;
- Preparing and contributing to transportation studies;
- Liaising with clients, project team members and road authorities regarding project requirements;
- Analyzing transportation data and conducting/ assisting in traffic and transit analysis;
- Working with a team of transportation/traffic engineers, planners and designers to assess transportation, traffic, and parking conditions;
- Preparation of graphics, technical memos, and reports to communicate technical results and recommendations, site plan reviews and design modifications;
- Attending and participating in client and public meetings;
- Conducting field studies (site visits, inventories, transit, traffic, and parking counts);
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Degree in Transportation Engineering;
- Eligible for P.Eng License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- 2- 5 years' experience in transportation planning;
- Experience using AutoCAD / Microstation, Synchro/Simtraffic;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Good communication and leadership abilities;
- Valid Ontario driver's license.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.