Fertilizer/Lime Spreader Operator - Seasonal
Cavendish Agri Services in Summerside, PE
FERTILIZER / LIME SPREADER OPERATOR - SEASONAL
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 13 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Based out of our Travellers Rest location, Cavendish Agri operates a fleet of self-propelled RoGator, TerraGator & Truck spreaders for its custom application division and are looking for operators for the upcoming cropping season. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Spreader Operator will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and can adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Cavendish Agri Services is looking for a Spreader Operator for a period of 10 weeks, on average, for the spring planting season (starting late April / early May).
- Ability to effectively operate self-propelled spreaders which includes GPS technology & computerized application monitors;
- Perform vehicle inspections, clean and perform mandatory maintenance to equipment. This includes basic troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment;
- Prepare custom application of dry fertilizer according to the customers work order;
- Check equipment for proper application and make corrections as needed;
- Drive to and from customer locations on public roads;
- Transfer bulk products from trailers and trucks into the spreader;
- Greet customers & clients in a prompt & friendly manner;
- Ensure the accurate completion of associated paperwork;
- Represent the company in a professional, positive and pleasant manner;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all tasks with safety being the number one priority;
- Valid driver's license;
- Experience working with minimal supervision;
- Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Ability to work extended hours including evenings and weekends during peak season as required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Spreader or Farm equipment operation experience is considered an asset but is not a requirement;
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have completed grade 12 or equivalent.
Please apply online or in person by March 29, 2019.
If applying in person, please visit the branch with 2 pieces of the following ID:
- Driver's License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver's License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Health Cards with picture
Branch is located at the following address:
848 Read Drive
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.