WSP Environment Team 2019 Hiring Event - Western Canada
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP Environment Team 2019 Hiring Event - Western Canada
Department Environment - Environment
ID # 11078
Job Type Permanent - Seasonal Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
Are you looking to gain experience in one of Canada's largest professional services firm? Are you looking to be a part of projects that shape the future? WSP's Environment Team is hiring for various positions across Western Canada.
Recognized in 2018 as a LinkedIn Top Company, one of Forbes' Best Employers, as well as a 2019 GTA Top Employer, WSP will challenge you every day with stimulating projects, a variety of clients and passionate colleagues. Our culture is dynamic and vibrant, and our flexible structure enables you to shape your own future. If you are looking to ignite your career, we want to hear from you.
Please ensure you indicate the position(s) you are interested in, and preferred location(s) in your application.
GEOTECHNICAL FIELD TECHNICIANS / MATERIALS INSPECTION & TESTING TECHNICIANS
- Provide technical services in a field and office environment
- Supervise and/or carry out site geotechnical inspections of construction work and materials testing
- Conduct in site testing of various materials on construction sites, compaction testing and testing of concrete and asphalt
- Concrete, soil and asphalt compaction testing in the field, proctor and gradation testing in the lab and any other task that can be assigned by the manager
- Work with and provide support to other members of the field technician group in assisting with other field and office activities as required
- Participate in a team environment and strong communicator
- Strong workplace health and safety practices
INTERMEDIATE ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER
- Auditing - environmental and health & safety; developing auditing protocols, and sound understanding of applicable regulatory requirements, and auditing framework
- Waste management - conducting site selection and site investigations, completing design and preparing approval applications for landfills and transfer stations, preparing operations plans and closure plans, conducting remediation plans and programs
- Environmental assessment - monitoring and remediation for industrial, commercial and municipal sites
- Permitting and regulatory - understanding and application of environmental regulatory requirements in respect of municipal, commercial and industrial facilities (existing and proposed); including municipal, provincial and federal regulations
- Project Management - assist with managing all aspects including project implementation, resourcing, budgeting, scheduling, reporting, reporting, quality management, team mentorship and day to day client liaison.
What you can expect:
- You'll be responsible for maintaining a strong technical involvement in projects and proposals;
- You will be establishing standard methodologies within the discipline and improving our methods;
- Technically supporting, training and guiding the geotechnical teams across the Lower Mainland and BC;
- Communicating between the two main geotechnical offices in the Lower Mainland and the wider WSP geotechnical community with over 375 staff across Canada;
- Actively working with up-and-coming talent in the market by building and cultivating strong pools of future geotechnical talent;
- Engaging with the talent pipelines and promote WSP;
- Building strong relationships with leaders of the geotechnical and other WSP business lines, including finding opportunities for partnership;
- Developing and maintaining personal involvement with clients - understanding their needs, trends and opportunities;
- Positioning WSP as a key advisor and consultant for our clients, and a true business partner;
- Representing WSP in the community to raise local brand awareness;
INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR MATERIALS ENGINEER
Manage multiple projects, exploring topics related to concrete and construction technology including the following:
- concrete mix design and review
- structural rehabilitation
- service life assessment
- non-destructive testing
- mass concrete thermal mitigation design
- advance technology for corrosion
- bridge condition survey
- shotcrete design and testing
- high strength concrete technology
- Support asphalt pavement design and evaluation, as well as aggregate qualification as needed
- Preparation and review of technical reports, specifications and contract management related to concrete and construction technology
- Materials consulting engineering services for: industrial, commercial, municipal, highway, and residential projects for both new construction and the condition assessment and rehabilitation of existing infrastructure
- Provision of Quality Control and Quality Assurance services
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of clients from owners, and developers, to aggregate and ready mixed concrete producers with demonstrated business development experience
- Actively engaged in a significant volunteer role with a variety of trade associations
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.