Continuous Improvement Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
- Post-Secondary education in Engineering, Industrial Engineering preferred
- Min 2 years of experience working in a similar role
- Interest and exposure to Change Management, Lean/Process Management/Six Sigma projects and implementation is preferred
- Experience in leading problem-solving activities from identification, analysis through to resolution
- Strong Communication Skills -Presentations, Facilitation, Conflict Resolution, Consensus Building
- Demonstrates strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships both with and among team members
- Individuals should be well organized, with proven ability to manage deadlines and priorities
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 compliance standards is a strong asset
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Data Collection in Support of Process Improvement Projects
- Conduct Process & Value Stream Mapping
- Identify, Standardize & Document procedures/work instructions and ensure their implementation
- Identify process gaps, and design & lead initiatives to close performance gaps which will promote process stability
- Lead and facilitate improvement projects and workshops, based on lean/six sigma principles
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis & Generation of Pareto Charts which may be initiated from nonconformance reports or corrective / preventative actions
- Conduct Cost/Benefit Analysis / Dashboard Reporting
- Providing Lean advice to Production Staff
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.