Operations Lead, Water and Wastewater
WSP in Thornhill, ON
Operations Lead, Water and Wastewater
Business Line Infrastructure
ID # 11122
Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
At WSP Canada, we see the Water & Wastewater business sector as one with tremendous potential for our business in Canada. To support this important strategic initiative WSP Canada is seeking an Operations Leader, Water & Wastewater, Eastern Canada to join our Infrastructure Business Line. This role will report to the Vice President, Water & Wastewater, Eastern Canada. The incumbent will be responsible to lead the growth of the Water & Wastewater Eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic) market sector and provide leadership, operational and strategic direction to the team. The role is responsible for optimizing the client services, people, project delivery, quality, safety and financial performance of the market sector. The role will ensure achievement of the strategic plan through business objectives, people leadership and client satisfaction.
- Develops the business line operating plans and financial forecasts in collaboration with the business line sector leader and business line finance leader.
- Leads the implementation of the operating plan and its objectives, focusing on project delivery excellence, quality and financial performance.
- Lead strategic objectives for the sector in Eastern Canada.
- Deliver sector growth and business development strategy in collaboration with regional directors/managers.
- Demonstrate strong people leadership capabilities by communicating the strategy and engaging employees in achieving the objectives of the business sector.
- Build relationships with key clients, industry organizations, teaming partners, and stakeholders to identify opportunities to grow the business.
- Attract, develop and retain team members to execute on the strategic objectives and strengthen the WSP brand and performance.
- Optimize financial performance including net revenue, operating margin and DSO.
- Collaborate with peers to leverage technical expertise, ensure client satisfaction and implement best practices.
- Define commercial terms and mitigate risks during the pursuit process.
- Enable client coordination and cross-selling efforts across all WSP business lines in coordination with business line and market sector leaders.
- Provide guidance and direction to leaders to ensure operational, technical and project delivery excellence.
- Responsible for managing and developing employees in accordance with WSP guiding principals, the performance management program and the job architecture and job family structure.
- Ensure that WSP programs of health, safety & environment; and ethics & compliance are an overriding part of the organizational culture.
- Professional Engineer with minimum 10 years of experience managing in the engineering or related sector, with at least 5 years of leadership experience at a senior level.
- Effective people leadership capabilities with a demonstrated ability to create a high performance environment, empowering teams to identify and solve problems, create strong brand identity and hold teams accountable for meeting their collective goals.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically address growth opportunities, articulate evolving priorities in the market and balance good judgment with informed risk taking.
- A proven track record of business development with existing and new clients, as well as experience engaging with municipal, provincial, and federal agencies, and the private sector.
- Seen as a credible leader in the industry with high integrity.
- A strong and sustained history of delivering quality financial performance and results.
- Highly professional with strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to successfully lead with little direction to meet organizational goals.
- Confidence to influence a high caliber team to drive a business to higher performance levels and seize the opportunities that the market presents.
- Advanced people and leadership skills to effectively manage relationships which may be indirect in order to achieve consensus, direction and achievement of results.
- A champion of technical innovation, knowledge sharing and change management.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.