Mechanical Engineer - Intermediate
WSP in Saskatoon, SK
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
Saskatoon or Regina
This opportunity in our Saskatoon office will provide you with the opportunity to join our team to work on engineering projects as a Mechanical Engineer within the Industrial group on both new construction and brownfield projects. The Industrial group is committed to growth, focussing on the Ag-Industrial, Mining, Chemical/Manufacturing, Power, and the Oil & Gas Refining industries. You will apply your Mechanical design knowledge on project work from conceptual design through completion. Technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and providing guidance to a team of designers are integral to this role.
- Complete HVAC and plumbing designs and calculations for buildings and industrial clients.
- Complete mechanical/process equipment (e.g. pumps, tanks, heat exchangers, etc.) designs, calculations, lists, and specifications for industrial clients.
- Complete material handling designs and calculations for conveyors and conveyor systems within the Ag-Industrial and Mining industries.
- Complete pipe sizing calculations, specifications, and line lists.
- Make technical decisions and take responsibility on technical matters.
- Communicate with vendors to acquire specifications info, pricing, and technological advancement in the field of mechanical engineering and piping.
- Design management with input from other senior managers on technical decisions.
- Coordinate with various disciplines required for project implementation.
- Write and review technical reports and construction specifications.
- Review and take responsibility for junior designers and engineers' work.
- Cost estimating review and assistance.
- Travel to various client sites, attend project meetings and conduct field reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university and be within good standing with APEGS as a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Have a working knowledge of mechanical (building) systems and mechanical equipment across various industrial fields.
- Have seven (7) to fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in the design of HVAC, plumbing, and mechanical/processing equipment in industrial applications.
- Ability to work and complete tasks independently, make decisions and take responsibility on technical matters.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE, ASME, and other discipline related standards.
- Must possess a team player attitude and be able to work in project team environment.
- Pipe Stress Analysis and modelling experience would be considered a highly sought asset.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.