Accounts Receivable Technician
WSP in Montreal, QC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Account Receivable Technician to join our Finance department located at our Montreal office. The technician manages a multi-million accounts receivable portfolio and plays an important role within the credit & collection team.
- Contact clients with outstanding balances and obtain payment confirmation;
- Maintain updated recovery comments on the system
- Codify and escalate payment disputes to project leaders, project accountants or the billing team for resolution and follow-up;
- Respond to different customer requests regarding their account;
- Account reconciliation with the assistance of the payment application team;
- Proceed with credit card payments when requested;
- Validate and process customer's refund requests;
- Send reminder notices to customers with an overdue account;
- Transfer non-recoverable accounts to 3 rd party collection agencies or bailiffs;
- Complete and file Proof of claims documents with Trustee. (Notice of Intention, Proposal or Bankruptcy);
- Prepare accounts receivable performance reports monthly;
- Participate in monthly meetings to report problematic client's status.
- College degree in Finance, Administration or Accounting;
- Three to five years experience in business debt recovery;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French;
- Strong communicator;
- Capacity to work in a high-performance environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Tools (Excel) - Intermediate level;
- Familiar with Proof of Claims document from Trustee in bankruptcy.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.