Inventory Control Coordinator
Cavendish Agri Services in Charlottetown, PE
INVENTORY CONTROL COORDINATOR (FULL-TIME) - CHARLOTTETOWN, PE
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 13 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Cavendish Agri provides a wide variety of agricultural fertilizers, crop protectants, and custom services to farming, landscaping and retail customers. Based out of our Charlottetown location and reporting to the Branch Manager, the Inventory Control Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of shipping and receiving for the business unit. The successful candidate will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and can adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Receive incoming product, validate quantities ordered to quantities received, and ensure product is stored appropriate areas;
- Preparing loads for shipment and physical verification of outgoing customer orders prior to departure;
- Prepare product for division transfers;
- Responsible for accurate inventory and reporting all discrepancies;
- Perform physical counts of inventory as required;
- Record damages and reject damaged goods;
- Responsible for keeping warehouse organized at all times;
- Constant communication with the Administrative Staff, the Plant Supervisor and Sales Managers on customer pick up / delivery issues, sales order anomalies, and returns for credit;
- Update inventory management system with all shipments received;
- Must be able to exercise the necessary authority to assure policies and procedures are followed and time frames are met;
- Provide effective customer service;
- Represent the company in a professional, positive and pleasant manner;
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Perform all tasks with safety being the number one priority;
- Highly organized, with a high level of accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Aptitude for details and solid math skills;
- Previous experience working in shipping and receiving preferred;
- Must have valid driver's license;
- Valid forklift license or willing to obtain;
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (25kgs);
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings, and weekends;
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment;
- Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in manufacturing or farm/fertilizer operations would be considered an asset;
- Education: completion of grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
Please apply online or in person by March 29, 2019.
If applying in person, please visit the branch with 2 pieces of the following ID:
- Driver's License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver's License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Health Cards with picture
Branch is located at the following address:
19 Riverside Drive
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.