Crop Scout (Seasonal)
Cavendish Agri Services in Charlottetown, PE
Seasonal Crop Scout - Charlottetown, PE
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 13 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Seasonal Crop Scout will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment. Individuals looking for a challenging summer experience that involves prompt decision making, embracing leadership and helping farmers succeed should apply.
This position is available for approximately 15 weeks. Expected start date will be June 2019.
- Visually inspect customer crops;
- Identify insect, weed and disease risks where applicable;
- Communicate back to customer and Sales Managers any potential risks as identified;
- Collect plant samples for laboratory submission when necessary;
- Conduct soil sampling in order to identify crop risks;
- Represent the company in a professional, positive and pleasant manner;
- Other duties as required.
- Perform all tasks with safety being the number one priority;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational skills and time management;
- Ability to understand new concepts and learn quickly;
- Complete work targets with little or no supervision in a timely manner;
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time, including evenings and weekends if necessary, under all weather conditions;
- Valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle;
- Education requirement: Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
- College/University students in agricultural or business programs preferred;
- Having a farm background and/or scouting experience considered an asset but not a requirement.
Please apply online or in person by March 29, 2019.
If applying in person, please visit the branch with 2 pieces of the following ID:
- Driver's License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver's License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Health Cards with picture
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Federal, Provincial or Municipal Identification Card
- Military Family Identification Card (MFID)
Branch is located at the following address:
19 Riverside Drive
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.