Crane and Rigging Supervisor
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
CRANE AND RIGGING SUPERVISOR
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax, NS.
- 3 -5 years supervisory experience in a Marine/Industrial setting
- Completion of some College / CEGEP / Vocational or Technical Training
- 6 - 9 years applicable experience
- Ability to lift large pieces up to 200 plus tonnes
- Applicable tickets and certificates
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of crane operators and riggers
- Co-ordinate scheduled and unscheduled work activities with other units
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Prepare production and other reports
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.