Rural Development Engineer
WSP in Aurora, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
AURORA OR KITCHENER
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 45,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you can expect to do:
- Provide excellent Client management to existing and potential clients;
- Prepare work plans and cost proposals for new work mandates;
- Collaborate with other disciplines within WSP with respect to multi-disciplinary projects;
- Completing, or directing, background documentation reviews, field investigations, data analysis, and preparing reports to document findings;
- Completing, or directing, field investigations including soil, groundwater, sediment and surface water sampling, and overseeing drilling or excavation contractors;
- Provide technical expertise in the field of on-site wastewater, on-site water supply, and rural development approvals;
- Assist in mentoring junior staff as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Geosciences, Hydrogeology, or related discipline;
- Intermediate experience in the engineering consulting industry;
- Possess a P.Eng or P.Geo Licence in Ontario;
- Experience in the technical field of on-site wastewater, on-site water supply, and/or rural development approvals;
- Knowledge and experience in working with the MECP;
- Knowledge and experience in completing construction review, tendering, certification, etc.;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is flexible to work on a wide variety of projects, tasks and assignments, responding easily to changing priorities;
- Excellent English (verbal /written) communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Must have access to a vehicle and a valid driver's license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.