Landscape Architect Vancouver, BC 31/05/2019
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a talented Intermediate Landscape Architect / Project Manager to join our expanding Vancouver office, located in the heart of downtown. The selected candidate will report on a day to day basis to the Vancouver Team Lead (MBCSLA member Jacqueline Lowe) and Senior Leadership of Robert Fershau (Director of Western Canada) and have an opportunity to help shape a rapidly growing downtown practice.
As a member of our PLAUD (Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design) Studio, the candidate will work collaboratively amongst our established team of landscape architects, planners, urban designers, environmental scientists and engineers. You will be responsible for contributing to design, planning, and construction services for a wide variety of landscape architectural projects in the Lower Mainland, across British Columbia and nationally. We maintain a closely allied relationship with our Lower Mainland and Interior offices, and some level of travel will be required.
- Project coordination and management of projects from concept to construction administration;
- Business development and promotion of the WSP brand;
- Contract administration services including inspection and construction oversight for major projects;
- Proposal and presentation preparation;
- Interaction and collaboration with multidisciplinary teams;
- Mentoring and management of junior staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture;
- A minimum of 5 years of local work experience in a private consulting environment.A background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered;
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) with the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA) is required, or the candidate must be en route to registration within 2019;
- Project coordination and /or project management experience;
- Construction administration experience;
- Solid understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation is required;
- Superior skills in Autocad production, assembly of construction documentation packages, material selection, specifications and cost estimating within a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Planting design, layout, grading and detailing;
- Expertise in Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other standard software packages;
- Graphic production / 3D rendering capability;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound; and
- A valid driver's license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.