Director, Sales Finance
Irving Consumer Products in Toronto, ON
DIRECTOR, SALES FINANCE
At Irving Consumer Products, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Consumer Products produces branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, as well as napkins.
The ICP Finance Team is seeking a Director of Sales Finance to grow top-line revenue by developing and implementing the company pricing and trade investment strategy. This includes the development, implementation, and reporting of pricing and program spending, modelling pricing actions and strategy, competitive intelligence, and profitability enhancement initiatives and the management of trade investment plans. In addition, the Director of Sales Finance is the key financial advisor for customer teams and is a thought leader in the internal annual financial planning process.
- Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
- Accounting Designation
- Years of Experience Required:
- 12 years of relevant work experience required
- Previous manufacturing experience is considered an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent leadership capabilities
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Results driven, strategic, and analytical thinker
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Provide leadership to the Trade Spending team and Sales Finance Managers.
- Assume/Develop subject matter expertise (SME) with the on-boarding and implementation of predictive trade planning tools/capabilities.
- Review, approve, and provide insight on all pricing deals, targets, price lists, and pricing models.
- Responsible for reviewing, approving, and assisting in preparing (when needed) company gross margin forecast and budget.
- Develop trade investment and pricing strategies to ensure they are integrated and effective in driving sales growth and profitably.
- Ensure trade investment process controls are in place and trade investment accruals are accurate and conform to budgetary requirements.
- Introduce commercial excellence and streamline processes within the pricing department while working closely with other departments and teams to meet customer expectations.
- Develop and implement tools to measure price performance by division and customer to ensure company compliance. This includes profitability per case and per lb analysis, top and bottom customer lists, and interpreting results leading to potential course correcting actions.
- Oversee monthly internal reviews of trade investment projections and total commercial spending to identify risks, gaps and opportunities.
- Work with sales and other resources to provide market intelligence and risk analysis (gain/loss in potential business, impact on marketing shares)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Consumer Products Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.